[vpsFree.cz: community-list] Is it possible to add a pub key in ed25519 form?

Jakub Skokan jakub.skokan at vpsfree.cz
Wed Mar 30 15:59:44 CEST 2022

Hi,

On 3/30/22 15:39, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> My main ssh key  uses ed25519. As a newcomer I tried to add it via the
> vpsAdmin menu Members "Add public key", but only got the error
>
>> Failed to save public key
>>
>> Error message: create failed
>>
>>     key: invalid public key
>
> Adding an ssh-rsa key worked fine.
>
> Or are there good reasons to forbit ed25519 keys?

I just tried it and it works for me. I would have to see the key that
you're trying to add to know what's going on. You can send it to me
directly. The expected format is e.g.:

ssh-ed25519
AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOhgylTVZ+6tqVlxGuHs12aioSTLmH2hzl5KBskpBmk4
aither at orion

(on a single line, the comment is optional)

Jakub